Bake some delicious Macarons this Easter with our Macaron Baking & Decoration set
Buy now: Macaron Baking & Decoration Set
Preparation Time: 30 Minutes
Total Time: 2 Hours
- 2/3 cup sliced blanched almonds (71 grams)
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar (117 grams)
- 2 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar (53 grams)
- Jam or other filling
- Gel food colors for decoration (Optional)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees with rack in lower third. Place almonds in a food processor; process until as fine as possible, about 1 minute. Add confectioners' sugar; process until combined, about 1 minute.
2. Pass almond mixture through a fine-mesh sieve. Transfer solids in sieve to food processor; grind and sift again, pressing down on clumps. Repeat until less than 2 tablespoons of solids remains in sieve.
3. Whisk egg whites and granulated sugar by hand to combine. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes. Increase speed to medium-high and beat 2 minutes. Then beat on high 2 minutes more.
4. The beaten egg whites will hold stiff, glossy peaks when you lift the whisk out of the bowl. Add flavoring and food coloring, if desired, and beat on highest speed 30 seconds.
5. Transfer batter to the easy to the baking pump from our Macaron Baking & Decoration Set and secure it with the small round nozzle out of the 4.
6. Put the 48 circle silicone Macaron baking sheet mat from the set into a baking tray. With piping tip 1/2 inch above the mat, pipe batter into a round following the round marks and edges, then swirl tip off to one side. Repeat, until desired quantities are achieved. Tap sheets firmly against counter 2 or 3 times to release air bubbles.
Start baking, rotating halfway through, until risen and just set, 13 minutes. Let cool. Pipe or spread filling on flat sides of half of Macarons; top with remaining half. Wrap in plastic and refrigerate. Once set, decorate it with some food color to match the Easter theme.
Viola! Your DIY Macarons are ready!